Wombaticus Ad Nauseam - Now featuring an e-mail subscription! Check the bottom of the page for details or click here.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Insomnia.

A lot of people think counting sheep is a good way to fall asleep.
A lot of people are wrong.
Last night, after individually naming and assigning characteristics to every single sheep in New Zealand (there are a lot), I gave up.
I turned on my television, and gazed at the horror that had waited for me so patiently:
Infomercials.

After trying to find something I could watch without losing a little bit of faith in humanity, I became aware that this was impossible.
Over the course of several minutes, I learned:

• I can make millions in real estate without leaving my bed if I follow a set of five simple instructions.

• For a mere $3.50 per message, quasi-attractive girls may send me a text such as "Hi" or "Hello". If I'm lucky I will be asked if I enjoy Thai cuisine.

• I can be the proud owner of a 'Bowflex body' by exercising three times every week.

• Having a Bowflex body will instantly make me a professional volleyball player at age 41.

• Being a middle-aged man and playing volleyball for a living is the very apex of human success.

• Never trust anyone.

• No matter how tired you are, Fox News will never seem like a fair and balanced news source.

• If there was a medieval battle between 65,400 infantrymen armed with brooms, and 65,400 brooms armed with infantrymen, the fate of the world would ultimately depend on how fast a polar bear can run when put under mild stress.
(I began hallucinating due to sleep deprivation at this point.)

• Most of all, hallucinations involving anthropomorphic brooms and polar bear protagonists are often more realistic/truthful than anything aired on television after midnight.

2 comments:

Neighbourhood Nerd said...

flawless. Anthropomorphic broomsticks and polar bear protagonists are definately on my list of awesome examples of use of the english language :D

You inspire me.

Also, I can do a brilliant infomercial chef impersonation. Have you seen the one where about 8 stereotypes get together to eat meals that were all created with JUST ONE BLENDER!? But it's not a blender. It's an all-in-one kitchen space-saver that can replace all the products on your shelf.

Wombaticus said...

The Magic Bullet can make you attractive, intelligent, and popular in just FIVE, count them, FIVE seconds!

...But wait, there's more!